ITT is seeking a highly-experienced Senior Web Applications Developer who will be responsible for ensuring continuous improvement, availability, cost effectiveness and quality of designated enterprise applications. These applications are necessary to conduct normal and expected business operations across the ITT enterprise.
The successful incumbent will have overall responsibility for the technical aspects of specifically assigned enterprise applications and accountability for all processes and integrations deemed mission critical for the successful operation of these collaborative and dependent efforts. The Web Applications Developer will be responsible for day-to-day production support responsiveness -- coordinate with management and handle the workload of tasks (approved new requests and change requests). Tasks may also include: configuring workflows; creating/modifying forms; creating/maintaining portal components; performance analytics; language pack and similar plug-ins; streamlining and optimizing existing designs; controlling customizations; turning on new functionalities; work with and verify efficient integrations with SCCM, LDAP, AD/Exchange, ERPs; and any other applications.
The web applications developer will also provide analysis and level of effort metrics of proposed changes or projects in line with corporate strategies and department goals, ensuring conformance to ITT Cyber Security controls, legal obligations, audits and regulatory commissions and agencies, as well as ITT Corporate policies and directives.
Essential functions for the role:
- Assists in planning and organizing all work efforts ensuring we reinforce best practices in the configuration and operational use of the platform(s) to meet and exceed the requirements of ITT.
- Including all activities relating to analysis, development, programming, implementation, documentation, and continuous improvement, benefits analysis and root cause analysis.
- Provides management with recommendations on use and potential benefits of new integrations and process improvements.
- Independent worker who is accountable ensuring timely and informative communications with IT management and end-users when applicable.
- Ability to work in a shared or matrix environment with multiple process owners
- Work as an individual contributor and collaboratively as a team member.
- Independently manage work assignments to meet expected deliverables.
- Escalate when risk of missing a deadline or when testing identifies an unplanned result.
- Attain approvals as may be required.
- Ask questions and offer constructive feedback at any time.
- Set up meetings and collaborate with vendor support and/or coworkers across IT work streams as may be valuable for knowledge transfer, troubleshooting or brainstorming new ideas.
- Maintain all applicable technical documentation.
- Provides assistance for the study of operations and determination of adaptability and suitability of implementing automation with systems and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of new developments, patches, new versions, customer forums, attend user groups and vendor events, etc.
- Flexible to deal with on demand requests or changing business requirements assuring appropriate focus remains on priorities. Escalate when on demand requests interrupt planned work efforts in order to determine best appropriate action to take.
- Participates at varying levels in special projects as required.
- Participate in on call coverage as may be required for instance to work outside of normal business hours in support of upgrades, patches, new implementation go live and if needed in response to mission critical production issues.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant job experience supporting technical configuration of enterprise-wide applications in manufacturing.
- 7-10 years’ of experience recommending and implementing best practices in new systems’ designs and successful optimization efforts in existing designs in a medium to large size manufacturing company.
- 5 years’ of experience in project leadership role in area of Mission Critical systems.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area of System Integration.
- Minimally 5 years’ experience with Configuration and Development in ServiceNow.
- Experience with Microsoft suite, Active Directory, PowerShell scripts, SQL tools preferred.
- A broad understanding of the tools available for analysis, systems design, programming languages, and documentation plus a comprehensive background in applying the tools to actual business situations.
- Position requires a high level of customer service skills including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management – strong communication (verbal, written) and presentation skills are required.
- Lean Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Follow PROSCI ADKAR philosophy of goal-oriented change management.