We’re looking for a Team Lead with an interest in DevOps and Fullstack development to lead a team and expand and improve for our Remote Gaming Platform. RGP is our innovative platform which delivers exciting world class games and enables us to integrate with any operator in the world, providing thrilling gaming experiences to millions of players! Gamesys develops and provides a wide variety of much loved games, from single player slots to multiplayer live casino games.
You will be the Team Lead of a cross functional agile development team, working as one of the three teams within the RGP area. During a typical sprint, you can expect to be solving interesting problems together with your colleagues, developing these solutions and working with QAs and POs to make sure we're delivering fantastic features to our customers! As a core part of the business, you can expect to be working with both internal and external games teams who will be delivering their games to the player via the RGP platform.
- An empathetic servant leader, who balances the need of their development team with the needs of the business.
- Facilitates meetings well, ensuring all participants thoughts are considered.
- Can communicate clearly to various levels; developers, managers and business stakeholders.
- A dependable person, who delivers consistent quality.
- A curious person who learns and improves their professional skills.
- A lateral thinker, who can solve problems using creative reasoning.
- A team collaborator who is able to take part in productive and respectful discussions with their colleagues.
- Proactively seek out areas of inefficiency within the scope of the role, taking action to make continuous improvements.
Team Lead Responsibilities
- People - Line management of an Agile team of developers and QAs. Regular one to ones, career development, performance reviews.
- Process - Continuous improvement of the team processes, quality of deliverables and technical standards.
- Delivery - Ensure the team is delivering excellent quality solutions, reporting progress and improving delivery if necessary.
- Hands on delivery - A proportion of your time will be spent contributing to the team's code base.
- Line management experience.
- Testing good practices: both unit and integration testing.
We have many internal training sessions, and you will get excellent support from your team whilst learning new technologies that are used by the team. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in some of the following:
- Java Spring Framework.
- NoSQL database development e.g. MongoDB.
- Google cloud API: particularly BigQuery & Cloud Dataflow.
- Performance Testing.
- Jmeter, Postman or similar
- Interest or experience in Fullstack development.
- Experience in gaming industry a plus.